Wednesday 26 March 2014

'Favorite Childhood Toys' Serious 90's Flashback!

This one really is going to be a challenge because Im actually going to have to try to remember further back than yesterday! And try and remember what the toys were called! 

1. Barbie! 
Theres the obvious one …


I had so many barbies I lost count. Most ended up with most of their clothes and shoes missing or hair styles cut by yours truly, but I still loved them all the same! The one above was one of my all time favourites! (she had a reversible dress!!)


2. Diva Star Dolls! 
OMG I can't believe I actually managed to find these! I remember my mum brought me one of these when my brother Charlie was born! (Probably to take my mind off that fact that I had another brother to deal with!) 
 I don't really remember what they did but i know they had magnetic snap-on clothes and some kind of electric function. But one thing I do remember was being totally obsessed with them from the second I saw the advert! 


3. TY Beanie Babies


I actually considered myself a collector of these teddies! Every year we used to go down to devon on holiday and there was a shop in Torquay just for these bears! Each year I was allowed to get one! Unfortunately the shop has since closed down and been turned into some kind of typical seaside shop which sucks, but we still have the bears somewhere!


4. Bear Sherman AKA Dream With Me Bear!


Now this little bear I still have! I can't remember where I got him from but he used to live on my bed. He sings a lullaby when you squeeze him and after all these years the song still works! I've tried desperately to find a video of him in action but there are none to be found! 


I wish I had a longer list but I wasn't much of a toy kind of child! I was a teddy bear child more than anything so I never had a toy (that I can remember) that I would take with me everywhere! I do however have one toy that scarred me for life and left me crying my eyes out and running around the house … I think someone got me one for Christmas one year and as soon as it started I burst into tears and it had to be locked in a draw never to be seen again! 




No comments:

Post a Comment